Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The Grenada Daze!


It’s been a long, long time since I have written. I never imagined I would let the blog slip so much. Initially because each week seemed to be the same. Sim worked and I looked after the boat. Its hard to appreciate when you live on land how long chores like shopping and laundry and fuel and water runs take, especially on your own. So there wasn’t much new to say. Life in Grenada carried on at a steady plod. The temperature cooled a little more and though still hot, we are no longer brow beaten by the debilitating heat.  Christmas and New Year came and went in a frenzy of parties and get togethers, and our livers longed for celebration time to be over. My sister Jen arrived in the new year and we had a fab time hanging out, kayaking and taking long walks to gorgeous Grand Anse Beach or around St Georges the capital of this little island .....while Sim was at work. I hashed a few times with my friends Sharon and Paul. Boats have left now sailing season has started. I've said goodbye to lots of friends. But strangely new boats arrive all the time. And the bays don't seem as empty as the should.  
Some of the celebrations over my birthday, Christmas and new Year...including Sim eating pigs tails..
strangely straight.....given to him as a belated birthday present from Andy and Trudy.
Another hash somewhere....can't quite remember where,  but I think it was halfway up the
west side of the Island - very steep and full of huge bamboos and always worth the views.
My sister Jen arrives and we walk all over the place, rewarding ourselves with Roti's and beer.
We walk all around St Georges, all around the carenage and lagoon and up the hill to the fort
for fabulous views.
We went to the dinghy concert in the rain- it was warm rain after all, around in Phar Bleu.
As soon as my sister left I got involved with helping out with the Grenada Sailing Week – a week long event at the end of Jan/beginning of Feb. Which swept me up in a whirlwind and three weeks later has spat me out the other side. 

What a great opportunity and a fabulous time I had helping out with the Grenada Sailing Week.

And a  photo of the residents iguanas at Whisper Cove Marina.



8 comments:

  1. Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info. Rent a yacht in Lake Washington Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also joining a private yacht club could help you planned on how to buy. However, whether they are used purchased, new, big or small have one thing in common. They are 100% expensive. Marine Surveyors

    ReplyDelete
  3. India having archeological evidence of a slip way (a platform used to pull boats out of water) carved out of stones dating back to 2200 BC, and China's sailing junk boat designs with water tight bulkheads (compartments across the boat) going back to 200 BC.fountainhead yacht

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yacht charters in the Cayman Islands & Stingray City. A day of adventure on your private boat with personal crew. Choose the best Cayman boat charters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful article, thanks for putting this together! This is obviously one great post. Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here. lidoisleyachtclub

    ReplyDelete
  6. If more people that write articles really concerned themselves with writing great content like you, more readers would be interested in their writings. Thank you for caring about your content. Marine Surveying UK

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a good point here!I totally agree with what you have said!!Thanks for sharing your views...hope more people will read this article!!! yacht for a day bahamas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing nice information with us. i like your post and all you share with us is uptodate and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. OMC outdrive parts

    ReplyDelete